I need detailed instructions for recognizing, finding, and downloading my video card drivers.
Detailed instructions for recognizing, finding, and downloading your video card drivers.
First you will need to Determine who your video card manufacturer is. You can do this by:
- Click on Start
- Click on Run
- Type in DXDIAG ( If a message appears “Do you want to allow DXDIAG to check if you drivers are digitally signed…” Click Yes. )
- The DirectX Diagnostic tool will appear. On the general tab please take note of which operating system you have as you will need this later. (i.e. Widows 2000, Windows XP Home, Windows XP Pro, Windows Vista Basic/ home premium/ business/ ultimate.)
- Click on the Display tab
- On the display page take note of the manufacturer. (Examples of some of the top video card manufacturers are NVIDIA, ATI, Intel, SiS.)
- Also on the display page take note of the chip type. (this should be listed under the manufacturer.)
- Now that you know the manufacturers Name, Chip Type, and Your current Operating System you will need to follow one of the links below. After going to the matching webpage, please follow the instructions on that webpage for selecting the correct chip type by answering a series of questions. Continue through the web pages to download the driver.
- If your manufacturer is NVIDIA: Please Click here to go to the NVIDIA Driver update page.
- If your manufacturer is ATI: Please Click here to go to the ATI Driver update page.
- If your Manufacturer is Intel: Please Click here to go to the Intel Driver update page.
Special Note: On the Intel site you must type in the chip type into the Search downloads box.
- If your manufacturer is SiS: Please Click here to go to the SiS Driver update page.